2011年4月12日星期二

'Scream' queen Neve Campbell returns

Though she has worked steadily in smaller films and theater, Neve Campbell, 37, has largely been off the Hollywood radar for the past decade.

And it seems she wouldn't have it any other way, living single (she and actor John Light divorced recently after three years of marriage) in London's posh Holland Park.

Now she's back, co-starring with Courteney Cox in fan favorite, Scream 4, the latest installment of Wes Craven's horror parody franchise opening April 15. Once again, Campbell's Sidney Prescott finds herself the beleaguered prey of psychopathic killer Ghostface.

We recently caught up with Campbell.

Is it true you initially turned down Scream 4?

"Yeah. I thought we couldn't do it any better [than 2000's Scream 3]. I also didn't think audiences would still be interested! But after some coaxing and a great pitch that it might be something really fun not just for the cast but for audiences as well, [I changed my mind]."

What's the gist this time?

"Unfortunately, I can't tell you a whole lot because I'm sworn to secrecy. But Sidney has come to a point in her life when she's overcome her troubles and has written a self-help book to help people get through their own trauma. But the trouble starts all over again!"

How was it working with the new generation of kids like Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin?

"It was funny because Courteney and I realized at our age, we could be their mothers! I think they were all like 5 when we made the first film."

Is it true this was the first time you and Courteney Cox really bonded?

"Absolutely. We didn't have a lot of scenes together in the other films, and maybe the age gap seemed vaster then. [Cox is 46.] Now I'm more grown up and we have a lot to relate to each other. But I absolutely love that woman."

Did you do your own stunts?

'I had some action sequences where I'm wearing a harness. I actually injured my foot training for the film and did the whole film with a swollen metatarsal."

没有评论:

发表评论